Mindstorm Studios

Posted by Shoaib Zaheer Malik On Friday, April 2, 2010 0 comments


Mindstorm Studios is an award winning game development and animation studio. It was established in 2006 and I have been with it since then. 
I play several roles at work which is really fun to do... at one moment you are the Art Director and the other you are dealing with the business aspect of the project. But nevertheless, my primary role is of Art Director and Lead Artist.

We do a wide variety and range of work here at mindstorm studios. Ranging from low resolution in game art assets to rendered cinematic, from architectural visualization to product and character based animated advertisements.

As I mentioned my primary role is Art director and Lead artist. What that means is, if there is something wrong or not quiet right with anything related to the artwork we produce either for the game or the rendered imagery – that’s my problem. And I need to fix it and improve the quality in any way I can. 
I also get to set up the pipeline and maintain the quality standard of the work we produce as well as ofcourse managing the project timelines.

Here is an initial artwork that we created here. We implemented and incorporated Vue and 3ds max in the pipeline initially after doing some tests and research. The following scene was created completely in 3ds max and Vue and then different elements and passes were composited in Fusion.














0 comments:

Post a Comment